Saturday, July 21, 2012

So, we had our second art exhibition on Friday and it was a success. We added a few more items to the installation- including some of my own sketches, and more decopauged bottles. Also, the local artist Daniel sold one of his pieces! It was the first event that we had without our only male on the trip, Jared, as he left early Friday morning- so it was a bit of a test doing it without him :(

This last week was pretty exhausting- lots of good things, but they are all catching up with us now. I haven't been so exhausted in a while. We went on a hike to the lighthouse and then swam in a little cove. We also have had 3 community meals this week which adds up to a lot of time of preparation and clean-up in addition to the socializing in Spanish which poses its own challenges. :) All of the meals were successful and we invited our new Spanish friends to come- and they were all able to! Daniel came to our meals as well as our friends from the gelateria, Ana and Pere, and also some of Xara's friends. At Jared's Farewell Fiesta we were all assigned to bring something to the meal and I was assigned dessert- so logically and what I thought was very uninventive I homemade chocolate chip cookies. Little did I know that they would be a huge hit! The Spanish don't really have homemade soft chocolate chip cookies and so for many of them, this was the first time they had ever had one! I made two batches and every single cookie was eaten. This was a little revelation for me in regards to the purpose of EDGE 2012, which is to be yourself and through that you can share the gospel. So through my little act of making cookies which is something that I am so comfortable with, I was able to show a little bit of myself and God through that :) Who knew?!

Well, amazingly we have about one week left here!

Ryan and me at the art night

The chocolate chip cookies!

My dress sketches displayed.. on a dress :)

Gin hanging some of the prayers that were written at the art night for restoration and healing

Swimming at the cove by the lighthouse

Hike to the lighthouse!

Farewell Jared :(

No comments:

Post a Comment